cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with number porting

jdmluder
Newcomer
new 48 Sim activated two days ago. Went through porting procedure but Sim is still using the new 48 supplied number
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK - so for some reason it looks like the porting of your old number from Vodafone is held up...

Are you sure that you entered the correct details - e.g. I recall having to choose between bill pay, prepay registered and prepay unregistered and if you choose the wrong one the process may get delayed.

You weren't on billpay and still owe Vodafone money in which case they may block the port until you're paid up.

Best to log a support request to ask 48 what the story is.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

The sim was activated 2 day's ago... But did you attempt to port then too, or at a later date?

Has your my 48 page any notification banner's or message's?

🙂

jdmluder
Newcomer
Thanks for the quick response. The Sim was activated and the change number thing with the code txt to old Sim all at the same time. I have no notifications or messages on my 48 page.

If it's taking too long then contact support as per this key post:

How do I keep my old number? 

Can you receive calls on the 089 number in the meantime? And make them if you bought membership already?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yep can make and receive calls with new sim on new number. Old vodafone sim stopped working as soon as I entered the code

OK - so for some reason it looks like the porting of your old number from Vodafone is held up...

Are you sure that you entered the correct details - e.g. I recall having to choose between bill pay, prepay registered and prepay unregistered and if you choose the wrong one the process may get delayed.

You weren't on billpay and still owe Vodafone money in which case they may block the port until you're paid up.

Best to log a support request to ask 48 what the story is.

Hope this helps.

LiamM0550
Newcomer
I am trying 5 day to port my number over keep ge messages saying not done. Can anyone help

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Only 48 support are going to be able to help with this so you'll just have to try to contact them. Sorry!