cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keep getting configuration messages on bootup

spanner555
Visitor

everything going good with 48 months. galaxy s2 working perfectly for calls, txts, internet, mms etc.

only one very small problem. everytime i turn on phone in the morning, i get a "welcome to 48months..." txt followed by 5 or 6 configuration messages. It's not a big deal, just means i have to delete them after they have all come in, but wondering if there is anyway to stop them altogether.

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I'm surprised that somebody with a SmartPhone turns it off at night and back on in the morning - but I guess there's no law against it... 🙂 I don't know what stops those messages. I got them first time I used my phone (and  they never worked in terms of configuring the internet/APN/MMS settings) but once I manually configured my settings it seems like they don't crop up again when rebooting... Maybe 48 can explain what makes them go away...?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

guess i'll just have to leave it switched on forever thenSmiley Surprised

Seems like an odd thing to happen so I asked our care crew about it and this is their reply:

"Sorry about those annoying config texts you are receiving. We have had a few reports of this over the past few days and are currently investigating why this is happening. Unfortunately things have kinda stalled with the bank holiday today but we will get on the case tomorrow.

I am sure this will not take long to fix. As soon as I have better news for you I'll be back in touch."