cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i message number greyed out

walmartwoman
Newcomer

hi i need to get my number to send as an i message instead of email i get the message 

could not sign in check your network connection and try again i have an iphone 5 and all my network settings are correct and i have tried all examples from apple 

i message is just waiting for activation in settings messages

Regards

Joan

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@walmartwoman wrote:

i message is just waiting for activation in settings messages 

Do you have any cash credit on your account?

Check your online account or dial *100# to check.

If you don't then that may be the problem because iMessage activation requires a UK SMS to be sent and that costs 25c.

If necessary put some cash credit on your account and then power off and on again and wait a bit and see if iMessage activates. If not then you may also need to sync with iTunes.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

walmartwoman
Newcomer
I have money in my account still waiting for activation on both FaceTime and I message and have synced with I tunes and tried to log in with iTunes username and password did all the problem solving

When did you put cash credit on your account and sync with iTunes?

As far as I know the process may not be instantaneous and you may need to wait a while.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.