cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having trouble paying my membership for my phone.. HELP!!

yvonnec21
Visitor

Hi,

Im just writting on this because I just lodged 10 euro into my bank account this afternoon in order to pay my membership to get the guido deal for the month.However when I clicked on the guido and then I clicked on pay with saved card as I always do,  I then typed  in the 3 digit code at the back of the card but then it said  sorry your payment has not been accepted due to technical defficulties with your account and then I waited a while and I tried to pay it again but then it said your payment has not been accepted due to security limitations.I don't why this is because I payed my membership last month without any problems.I hope you will get back to me soon as I have been without credit for almost a week now and so im really stuck for it,  and I really would like if you could sort out this problem for me as soon as possible please.Thanks and I hope to hear back from you soon.

4 REPLIES 4

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

The best thing to try here is to start afresh... close all tabs, and begin logging particulars again - from start.

It can make all the difference.

If it still wont go through, try a different pc/handset/tablet to what you are using.

There are multiple way's to top-up on 48... some of which are good to fall back on-like in your case, see link below.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions-Knowledge/How-do-I-top-up-Overview-of-the-top...

🙂

Hi,

Thanks for replying back so soon.I already tried to top up again there online but it's still saying sorry it cannot accept my membership because of security limitations? I don't understand that because I put in the correct 3 digit code at the back of my bank card so I don't know why its saying that again.I did try topping up by text there also I text guido to the number but then it text me back saying uh oh you don't have enough balance to but that, but I lodged 10 euro into my account yesterday so I should be able to get the guido deal.Hope to hear back from you soon thanks for your help again.

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi again

The issue is that (seemingly) the tranaction from bank to 48 has not occured.
It is possibly an issue that can only be resolved by calling your bank.

Clearly this is the position you are in when you could not use the follow on with text method...

It alerted you to this prior, when it said there were security limitations preventing the transaction.

There's a long way or a short way round this.

Top up by voucher purchased by your Debit card, (Aywhere the payzone sign is offered) then follow on to buy the Guido from the monies in your balance via text... Simples.

Or continue to try the online method...

I can not be definite as to the reason's behind the failure to accept the Card... but if it was a card titled to somone ealse...or other than a Irish/NI/UK banking card, there is evidence it can be problematic/unsuccessful.

Ultimately - you decide the way forward...

🙂

@1amcn wrote:
or other than a Irish/NI/UK banking card, there is evidence it can be problematic/unsuccessful.

Update on this. Irish and UK cards are accepted by 48.

And now cards from France, Spain, Germany, United States and Italy are also accepted for payments of up to €20.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.