cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting old sim back working temporarly while iphone is getting fixed???

rhona
Visitor

please help

my Iphone 4s is broken and probably wont get a new one for a few days, i need a working sim in the mean time. i have an unlocked nokia but the old 48 sim for it is no longer registered how can i get this back working while i wait for new iphone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I presume that the problem here is that you have a micro SIM for the iPhone but it is too small for the Nokia? You could probably get a micro to mini (standard) SIM adapter for about a fiver or less in a phone shop in case that's an option? E.g.:

http://www.phonesonline.ie/micro-sim-adapter-for-iphone-4s-galaxy-s3.html

Otherwise you'll need to contact 48 support to see if that can transfer your account/membership/number back to your old SIM for the moment until you get the iPhone sorted. Or you could order a replacement mini SIM here and then another micro one when you get the iPhone sorted out but that may take a few days...

Improvements to registering and changing your SIM

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I presume that the problem here is that you have a micro SIM for the iPhone but it is too small for the Nokia? You could probably get a micro to mini (standard) SIM adapter for about a fiver or less in a phone shop in case that's an option? E.g.:

http://www.phonesonline.ie/micro-sim-adapter-for-iphone-4s-galaxy-s3.html

Otherwise you'll need to contact 48 support to see if that can transfer your account/membership/number back to your old SIM for the moment until you get the iPhone sorted. Or you could order a replacement mini SIM here and then another micro one when you get the iPhone sorted out but that may take a few days...

Improvements to registering and changing your SIM

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thank You :d

Did that work for you?

What did you do in the end?

i found the sim adapter

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Good stuff.
Glad that helped.