cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will network coverage ever be improved?

jeneffy
Newcomer

I live in the middle of Nenagh. My coverage has gotten so bad that I have to leave my phone on airplane mode when I'm at home so my battery doesn't drain. I'm leaving the network next week, but I'm wondering if there's any chance of coverage improving?

5 REPLIES 5

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

Was the signal always poor?

You mention leaving the phone on auto Aeroplane mode so the battery doesn't drain, battery level depreciation is related to your battery, &/or battery exhausting apps running, but not related to network service...

You may need to replace your battery, or check if you have a battery draining App/Apps.

What signal bars do you achieve when searching from a power up perspective, (1 bar, 2 etc?)

How's your Internet (2G, 3G etc)

Edit:. On just reading your reply post below, having not realised from the OP that the device in question was previously on Auto Network search, hence heavily depreciating the battery levels, and as a result, set on Aeroplane mode to counteract effect.

I find myself informed.

jeneffy
Newcomer
Searching for a network does drain the battery. As long as I leave it on airplane mode, the battery is fine. I have 3g when I leave the house. I cannot make or receive calls and texts when I'm at home

Yes - weak or no signal will cause the battery to drain faster due to the phone constantly searching for a good network connection.

Was the signal always bad in your area?

If not when did it disimprove?

You should contact 48 support and ask them about this:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for the response. There's been a lot of posts about the poor quality of the Three network lately, so I guess thr 48 coverage has been affected too.