cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messeges

ruiz
Visitor

Hi, I have just joined 48 and now every time I want to send a message it asks me to roam. I dont understand why it is doing it if I'm sending messeges from ireland to ireland. anybody knows the problem and answer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As far as I can tell there should be an Android Lollipop 5.1.1 update for the S6.

But maybe it hasn't been rolled out everywhere yet.

If you go to System settings > About phone > System updates (or similar) it should tell you if there's an update.

I'm not saying that you should update or that it will address this problem by the way.

The warning that you're getting simply seems to be a feature of Galaxy phones and I don't know if there's a way to disable it.

Many phones think that they're roaming when they are on a virtual network (MVNO) such as 48 because they operate on a different physical network (O2/Three).

Some phones have options to disable such warnings.

I don't know if Samsung Galaxy phones do.

If not then you'll just have to live with it.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I wonder if this is of any use?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/185590-roaming-notification.html#post1917478

Uncheck Settings > More settings > Roaming > Roaming guard > Domestic

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13

ruiz
Visitor
It is a Samsung galaxy s6
Version 4.4.2
I suppose it is the latest because it is set to update automatically

As far as I can tell there should be an Android Lollipop 5.1.1 update for the S6.

But maybe it hasn't been rolled out everywhere yet.

If you go to System settings > About phone > System updates (or similar) it should tell you if there's an update.

I'm not saying that you should update or that it will address this problem by the way.

The warning that you're getting simply seems to be a feature of Galaxy phones and I don't know if there's a way to disable it.

Many phones think that they're roaming when they are on a virtual network (MVNO) such as 48 because they operate on a different physical network (O2/Three).

Some phones have options to disable such warnings.

I don't know if Samsung Galaxy phones do.

If not then you'll just have to live with it.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I wonder if this is of any use?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/185590-roaming-notification.html#post1917478

Uncheck Settings > More settings > Roaming > Roaming guard > Domestic

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

ruiz
Visitor
And I have another problem with 48. It happens that the data doesn't work even if I turn it on. Do you know why this is happening?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Data does work if your settings are correct:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Did you do that?

Did my last post help with your original roaming warning issue?

Hope this helps.