cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone posing as 48

freshprince
Newcomer

Hello,

Today I got a text from an 089 number claiming to be 48. It read : This is a friendly call/ text warning as you're reahing your fair usage limit & if you break that ou will be suspended. You don't want that! Further info here: 

He then posted a link, which I didnt click. Is this some virus or do 48 actually contact people using an 089 number...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

It's not a scam. It's a warning from 48 (who use 089 numbers by default other than where customers port other 08X numbers over) that you are in danger of breaching the fair usage limits and getting barred for the remainder of your current monthly period.

Fair Use Policy/ Acceptable Use Policy

If this happens once then you cannot use services until your current membership and your ban period ends. At that stage you need to contact 48 support to get reinstated. If you get barred for a second time it's for good.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

It's not a scam. It's a warning from 48 (who use 089 numbers by default other than where customers port other 08X numbers over) that you are in danger of breaching the fair usage limits and getting barred for the remainder of your current monthly period.

Fair Use Policy/ Acceptable Use Policy

If this happens once then you cannot use services until your current membership and your ban period ends. At that stage you need to contact 48 support to get reinstated. If you get barred for a second time it's for good.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks how can I see how many texts I sent?

Unless your phone records that locally I think you'll have to ask 48 support for those details.

Remember that long texts sometimes use up two or more SMS messages in case that's relevant.

Hope this helps.