cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upcoming Maintenance: Data APN from 19th November 2023

PeterO7507
Newcomer

Hello all, I received an SMS from 48 today in relation to the Data APN changes that are due to take effect as from 19th of November 2023 and I have been reviewing the various tables in the Knowledge Base post.

For your information, I have a Samsung Galaxy Android Smartphone A20e model which was purchased around December 2019

One thing has me confused is that when I glance through the various panels there is an entry for Username: entered as "user" (i.e.) all letters appear in small lower case letters although; in Other sections the same sub-heading for Username: is down as "User" with first letter appearing in Upper Case format following by lower case format for remaining letters.

I am conscious that 48 advises customers of the following in this message:

"Ensure your APN settings are entered like for like as outlined below. As any typos, additional spaces or incorrect entries will result in no data connection or issues with sending MMS."

Which is the correct format that should apply in my case?

(I have mentioned my exact phone model in this message for your reference)

Should I have Username entry down as "user" format or "User" format as I'm confused?

I would be most grateful for your advice in this regard in advance of changes coming on 19th November.

I look forward to any advice from the 48 Community in due course...

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

See here:

The first screenshot there seems to be mistaken in showing "user".

As far as I know it should be "User".

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for your feedback. If the data was relayed incorrectly, it's a pity that it was not proof-read prior to publishing.

@PeterO7507 wrote:
Thanks for your feedback. If the data was relayed incorrectly, it's a pity that it was not proof-read prior to publishing.

I've raised it with 48 support so hopefully it will get corrected.

It seems to be in only one place that "user" instead of "User" is specified - the first screenshot here:

On the other hand maybe that field is like an email address and not actually case sensitive?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I've no idea to be honest and I'm not someone who is a "technical" guru. I had also sent an email to the support address you referenced earlier requesting clarification. Hopefully, if any errors are noticed, they might also issue a correction if deemed necessary to avoid any other customers & employees from experiencing problems updating their Data APN Settings into the future.