Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage

Anon
Not applicable
I haven't been able to make or receive calls all weekend
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try switching off, taking the SIM card out, gently cleaning the contacts, reinserting/reseating it, switching on and see if that makes any difference.

There's always a possibility that it's a faulty SIM and needs replacement but best to rule all other possibilities out first.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

16 REPLIES 16

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

There is no network outage that I know of.

Are you getting a signal?

Can you manually search for networks and connect to 48?

What happens when you try to call?

What happens at the caller end when somebody tries to call you?

Do you have any call minutes left - dial *100*2# and hit call to get your mobile minutes balance and *100*1# to get your landline minutes balance.

Could you have been barred for the remainder of your current membership for breaching the fair usage limits?

If that was the case then you would have received a warning before you hit/breached the relevant limits.

Can you send/receive texts?

Can you use carrier data/internet?

If necessary contact 48 support for further assistance:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I have just topped up so everything is upto date. As soon as I dial a number, screen shows 'calling' then cuts off before it rings and its the same when people are calling me. I have no idea what's going but will try 48 support tomorrow. Thanks!

Try switching off, taking the SIM card out, gently cleaning the contacts, reinserting/reseating it, switching on and see if that makes any difference.

There's always a possibility that it's a faulty SIM and needs replacement but best to rule all other possibilities out first.

Hope this helps.

You seem to have marked my post as a solution.

Did taking the SIM out etc fix the problem?

Anon
Not applicable
Well it did help for a while immediately after but it keeps telling me that my phone cannot find the registered network. Since nobody has complained of this, I think my phone may have a fault. Thank you.

Maybe not the phone.

Could be a faulty SIM.

You should contact 48 support for their advice and maybe order a SIM to have on standby in case they suggest that as a possible solution.

Choose the "swap my SIM" not the "block my SIM" option.

Need to swap your SIM?

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

I'm having a similar problem, when I try to make a call, all that happens is my phone appears to be calling out but not connecting. I turn off my iPhone and turned it back on again, messages sent to me 2 or 3 hours before arrive suddenly, then I'm able to make the call. This has happened often over the 2 weeks I've been with 48. I have full to good signal when this problem occurs. Does this sound like a sim problem?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You probably need to contact 48 support to get them to advise:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps

Anon
Not applicable
I'm still having the same problem, some messages don't appear until a day later.... I've ordered a sim swap but since 48 doesn't seem to have diagnosed this as a problem, I think I will just have to change networks. I have missed calls for appointments and I'm still expecting a few more important ones which I can't afford to miss.