cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile internet

emmabohan
Newcomer
Hi my mobile data won't seem to work but my account says I have 1.45 of data left???
15 REPLIES 15

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

I know the questions appear tiresome...but important! asking where you are is a way of discovering if a local 02 mast is at fault...and recording if others near you are/are not experiencing same.

The Make/Model of device is also relative generally...(but by looking at the forum-its not a selective problem) so, not in this case.

The Reboot gives a signal boost to the device - thus eliminating or pinpointing a problem with such.

It's extreemly odd...I have not encountered such before...

I imagine/hope a fix on the cause of the issue will be discovered & be delt with soon.

🙂

wolgy
Visitor
When you say "reboot", do you mean to toggle the airplane mode switch? Switch handset off and on? Or something else?
What is more surprising is that people are creating different topics all over this forum about dropped 3G service, today and yesterday, but there is no official response from 48? Why is that? It's very strange.

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

Again, different people are having different issues... some have slow speeds after upgrading filmware... some have text issues and others like yourself have Data issues.

People like to share Techie tips or ask questions... that's simply what makes the community forum.

Here - community forum help members try to help others out with small issues...anything really!

You are correct that 48 have not made an apperance.

However - they only announce an issue-if one is discovered... if they did make an official comment, it would be posted in the Newsroom & sometimes Techie Updates.

🙂

1amcn
Rock Star

Ps

A reboot is to power off your device, eject sim & battery, re-insert both after a wipe clean, then power (Boot) on.

🙂

Ah thanks. But here unfolds another 48 glitch I am unwilling to throw more money away on: I have discoverd, that when I remove the SIM and try to use iMessage after turning the phone back on, i am charged for 'activation'  of both FaceTime and iMessage from my credit! 

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Isn't that reactivation thing more down to Apple not having a complete list of carriers known to their software rather than a 48 problem? Apple seem to make it difficult to use iPhones on certain (virtual?) operators' networks.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.