cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone problem

Anon
Not applicable
Hi I am away in Portugal at the moment and I have no connectivity and cannot make or receive calls and texts. At the top it says searching but it isn't connecting at all.

I spent money on my membership and topped up on abroad minutes and texts so it's very frustrating that I cannt use my phone.

Please advise me what to do.

With best regards,

Eimear Carroll
8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
See here

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Phones/my-phone-work-in-portugal/m-p/36755#U36755

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Hi thanks so much! Unfortunately not. When I go to settings at home j have phone settings but here I just have mobile settings and no phone settings. It's odd!

You have to keep trying.

It only appears when the phone briefly gets a connection to the local network.

When it does appear you can change it.

Toggling airplane mode on/off and then quickly trying may help as the phone may get the required connection briefly.

It's a problem with iPhones unfortunately and lots of people have been hit by it on 48 and other networks when roaming.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all?
If not then what did you try?
Did you keep trying to get the relevant option?

Anon
Not applicable
Thank you so much everyone! No success yet. Going to try and update to the newest IOS and that may help. Will let you know how I get on

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You shouldn't need to update.
You should just keep trying to get the relevant option.
Try toggling airplane mode on and then off and the try to catch the option as the phone briefly gets a network connection.
Unfortunately this is a very common problem with iPhone roaming and not just on 48.
If the settings are not changed before traveling they can be difficult to change once abroad.
E.g. see this Tesco Mobile FAQ too...

https://www.tescomobile.ie/support/question.aspx?id=135

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all?