cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I'm having some problems with my iphone 5 internet it keeps going onto E instead of 3G

Anon
Not applicable
Hi having some problems with my iphone 5 internet it keeps going onto E instead of 3G but once I turn on and off airplane mode usually comes back onto 3G again I have checked all the settings and they look good. I'm very close to moving to another service provider because of this issue. Very frustrating.
4 REPLIES 4

bigjoeod
Regular

I had that problem with the iphone 4s on another network before. There's nothing really much you can do about it because chances are you're going into a blackspot for signal.

What's the coverage like in your area?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/What-s-the-network-coverage-like/m-p/52/highl...

Do you know anybody else on 48 or O2 and how do they get on?

If OK then can you try their SIM in your phone and your SIM in theirs?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
But if the service is reliable then it shouldn't make a difference if I turn on and off airplane mode if I keep the phone in the same place and turn airplane mode on off it goes from E to 3G

Google it (e.g. "iphone goes from 3G to E") and you will see that this is not unique to 48.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.