cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

Anon
Not applicable

ive got a new phone which is locked to 3 network , but before i got my 'mobile number password' i got rid of my old unlocked phone , now i have no way of putting the 48 sim into an unlocked phone and getting the mobile password , i also cant switch over my old 48 number to my new 3 sim card without the mobile number password

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What exactly do you mean by "before I got my mobile number password" and "getting the mobile password"? It's not clear what you are referring to here. 

One way or another you will need to get your new phone unlocked if you want to use it on 48 so seems to me that this is the first step for you to tackle?

If you then want to port your number from 3 to 48 and you don't have a working 3 SIM to receive the porting security code to the old number then you will have to contact 48 support for assistance when porting the number:

How do I keep my old number?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What exactly do you mean by "before I got my mobile number password" and "getting the mobile password"? It's not clear what you are referring to here. 

One way or another you will need to get your new phone unlocked if you want to use it on 48 so seems to me that this is the first step for you to tackle?

If you then want to port your number from 3 to 48 and you don't have a working 3 SIM to receive the porting security code to the old number then you will have to contact 48 support for assistance when porting the number:

How do I keep my old number?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I'm switching over to 3 network and wish to take my number from 48 to 3 , on the three website it asks for a pass code that is SMS'd to each sim card to be typed in but I can't get access to my 48 sim as I have no unlocked phone and no way of checking my SMS's

I think you'll need to ask 3 about this - i.e. what is their procedure when somebody is not in a position to get the porting security code. Or borrow an unlocked phone if possible to get the code.

Hope this helps.