cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 Network Problems

Anon
Not applicable

Decided to make a post helping people on how to fix this as I spent a few hours myself tackling the issue.

What this will fix 100%:

Network Losses (e.g joins 48 network then losses connection after a bit)

2g Only (no 3g internet or h+)

Backstory:

Earlier today I updated to android 4.4.2 on my Galaxy S4, was happy with the UI and the updates until I found the major issues with it. If you own a pre nexus 5 device, you will have the old modem software on your device and need to update them, this is the issue.

First what you want to do is go to this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2544474

and download the new 4.4.2 modem (or what ever the newest one is)

Use Odin to flash it into your device, after reboot all the issues will be fixed.

Make sure you also put in the Access Point Names information, they can be found in this post:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Samsung-Galaxy-phones-internet-settings/m-p/198#M1300

If you have any question, post bellow, I'll be glad to help.

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I presume that this is specific to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

If so you should probably make that clear in the thread title.

Just in case anybody with another device tries to flash the modem firmware and bricks their device! 😮

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Yes to the particular links but the method works for all devices you just need to find the modem flash for your particular device, anyway updated OP, thanks.

Anon
Not applicable
My samsumg s4 is telling me no registered network on my phone what I mine going to do.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did it ever work?
If so what changed recently?
When you scan for networks what carriers do you see?
Do you see 48 and can you connect to it?
Do you have data roaming enabled?

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.