cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection goes on and off

muizz
Visitor

Hello,

I found out 48 connection (signal) on my phone goes off and off repeatedly since yesterday. Full bar E (EDGE) then 4-Bar 3G, 5-Bar 3G , 2-Bar 3G then No Service at all. Then the same cycle occurs until now.

Area: Wilton, Cork
Phone : iPhone 5S ios 7.1.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok - you probably need to contact support so.

See the link that I posted above.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

So it was working fine before this (for how long?) and only started doing this yesterday?

Did anything change on your phone - e.g. software update, sync with iTunes, SIM removed and reinserted etc.?

Try powering the phone off, taking the SIM out, reinserting it and powering on again - any difference?

Anybody else in your area on 48 and having the same problem?

Do you have another unlocked phone that you can try the SIM in?

You might want to contact 48 support in case they can advise:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Exactly, it's only started doing this yesterday. I dont do any software update. Yes I did turned my phone on and off. I'm not sure whether other 48 users in my area have the same problem or nit. I dont have other unlocked phone with me right now is my other phone cannot use the nano-sim 

Ok - you probably need to contact support so.

See the link that I posted above.

Hope this helps.

Thank you 🙂

muizz
Visitor
From my conversation with Apple Advisor & 48 person, the problem may arises from service distruption of O2 network in my area OR there is something wrong with my phone's antenna.

I'll be back in Ireland on September and if the same problem happens, I would conclude that there is something wrong with my phone (or O2 doesn't repair the distruption issue in my area )

You mean you are not in Ireland now?

Does the phone work OK where you are now?

As usual it's a process of elimination to get to the root cause.

E.g. is it the SIM, phone hardware, phone configuration, network etc.?

No, I'm still in Ireland right now & I will enjoy my summer break abroad. If I had the same problem when I come home in September, then I'll take another step to solve this problem.

If you had the time and the means it would be worth trying...

• Your SIM in another unlocked phone
  • Another 48 SIM in your phone
  • Another carrier's SIM in your phone

as it might shed some light on the problem.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
I'm in midleton cork and I'm having problems to. It keeps unregistering from the network so I have the manually search and connect