cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidently ordered replacement sim and sim is now locked

Anon
Not applicable

I ordered a new Nano Sim for my new iPhone 5s that will arrive next week. But you sent out a regular Micro Sim.

So today I went to order a Nano Sim and accidently filled out the Replace Sim form and now my phone won't make calls!

How do I fix this?

EDIT: Have raised a ticket!

12 REPLIES 12

OK - thanks. Not sure why they can't/won't sort this out for you so...

Maybe your replacement SIM will be here today/tomorrow in any case?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

The replacement will be a Nano Sim so I think it won't go in my iPhone 4. Then what?

If they genuninely aren't able to lift the suspension on my sim, then the process to order a new sim is really stupid. If you're accidentally logged in - it kills your phone service!

The problem with the tech support / care crew is that they won't actually respond to my problem and just keep repeating the same cut & paste answer. They haven't acknowledged their own FAQ post or the fact that the replacement sim won't fit in my phone. Plus they have only repsonded three times in 30+ hours.

Sorry - I misread the query and thought you had ordered another SIM which would be compatible with your iPhone 4. 

This key post does say not to log in when ordering a new SIM to be used as a replacement but I agree that it could be clearer and maybe the site should double check what you want to do when submitting a request for a SIM when logged in:

You need a new SIM?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.