cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3g

jordan_12345
Visitor
So i purchased the guido yesterday (14/12/15) and im having issues using my data, technically my internet works but its only using 2g speeds, i live in dundalk which does have 3g because i checked it so its kind of frustrating especially since i paid for it, i do have my internet settings correct and roaming is enabled
12 REPLIES 12

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Double check that your internet/APN settings are correct:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

What symbol are you getting on your signal bars?

Are you sure that the phone is not configured for 2G only rather than 2G/3G or 3G only?

You seem to be using an iPhone?

Unfortunately it's not as easy on iPhones to get detailed signal details as it is on Android (e.g. System settings > About phone > Status > SIM status > Mobile network type).

If necessary contact 48 support if you think that everything is configured correctly but you think that you are not getting acceptable data speeds:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

jordan_12345
Visitor
Im actually using a windows 8 phone if that help, and i do actually get a symbol of connection, beside my signal bar i get an "E" and my phone can either use 2g or 3g but i have it set to 3g, thanks

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Oh, the site seemed to suggest that you were posting from an iPhone.
Did you double check your internet/APN settings?
Do you never see anything other than E?
Do you know others on 48 or maybe 3 in the area that you can check what they get?
As I mentioned you may want to log a support query to ask 48 support about this too.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

jordan_12345
Visitor
Oh sorry about the confusion, i posted from my ipod haha, but i do know my friend who uses 48 on his iphone 6 and he gets 3g, as yes E is the only symbol i get, and i have double checked the apn settings and they are a match, just wondering the MMS settings wouldnt have an effect on it would they? Because i dont believe i have them set up

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
MMS settings won't affect internet speed/mode.
Could you try your sim in your friend's phone and vice versa to see what happens?

jordan_12345
Visitor
I can try that tomorrow, also i put in a request for the suport query so ill see how it goes, thanks for the help 🙂

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any update?

jordan_12345
Visitor
Well my internet settings are perfect and still no 3g, but i found out that my network is only 48's 2g one, i never get a signal from 3g, and when i search for other networks there is meteor 3g and vodafone 3g but they are "forbidden" so would that be the cause? Since i live in a big town i would kind of expect 3g. I also tried to see if i could use my friends sim card but i couldnt because he has an iphone card which is too small, but he showed me his internet settings and they were identical to mine and he still got 3g so i dont know

Meteor and Vodafone are forbidden because you have a 48 SIM and you cannot connect to these networks.

Nothing to do with 2G v 3G issues.

Did you contact 48 support and ask them about this as I suggested?