cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update registered credit card details

DenisB6905
Visitor

Hi.  My Credit Card has expired.  Today, I tried twice on the mobile, to Edit the old card's info, and twice again just now, from a desktop computer - all attempts failed!  Everything goes fine until the last step, when after successfully completing the security check by my Bank, who then prompts that it is now redirecting me back to the 48 website, but I'm greeted with a "Something went wrong, we're working on a fix, try again later..." pop-up.  I've even tried deleting the old cards info entirely, then adding the card details again, all to no avail.

Luckily, my auto-renew isn't for another week, but from past experience with 48, that date will come & go, and the problem still won't be fixed.  Are there any other experiencing similar problems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Also, have you tried deleting any previously registered card details first and the troll to add the new card details in case that makes any difference?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Could it be related to this issue that someone else posted recently? 

But it doesn't seem to be exactly the same. 

What happens if you just try to use the card to buy stuff without registering it? 

Does that work?

You'll probably need to contact 48 support for further assistance on this.

See the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi.  I used the link on your signature to email 48 for help - their generic 'help' was simply to delete cookies.  Which didn't work!  I've just tried registering my card another three time, to no avail.  I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Opera in the smartphone, and Firefox on the desktop.  What happens after entering the card details, successfully passing my bank's security-check, then returned to the 48 website, can be seen in the attached pics (1 smartphone pic, 1 from desktop) - but the same error message, suggesting 48 are working on the problem (exceedingly unlikely).

Screenshot_2024-09-09-01-34-48-761_com.android.chrome.jpgscreenshot51.png

What about this? 

> What happens if you just try to use the card to buy stuff without registering it? 

> Does that work?

You'll probably have to persist with trying to get a more helpful/satisfactory response from 48 support. 

Only they are in a position to help with this and not anybody here on the Community Forum unfortunately. 

If necessary try calling them on the number in the third link below or making a formal complaint if it comes to it.

Also, have you tried deleting any previously registered card details first and the troll to add the new card details in case that makes any difference?

DenisB6905
Visitor

Hi dalyer.  I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of.  I've tried deleting cookies on 3 different browsers, different setups on 3 different computers (smartphone included), & deleting card details. Strange thing about deleting card details was that after I deleted them on one machine, when I loaded up the 48 website on a completely different PC, I was surprised to see the 'deleted' card still there!  The other odd thing concerns the 'Edit' card details option - there is no Edit option, apart from the Edit-button - click Edit, and you are presented with a completely unpopulated 'Add New Card' fields & columns box!!!  But then I enter my card details and Submit them, they are accepted as valid, and I am passed to my Bank's site for a Security check.  This check is also completed successfully.  The problem arises when I am then passed back to the 48 site - that error box I posted.  Thing is, while I have a smartphone, I really don't trust doing banking stuff with them - that, and my old eyes find it tough going!  For this reason, I opted to receive a physical 'dongle-type' thingy from BOI so I could continue to use my laptop/desktop pc setups for banking.  Right now, I'm wondering if this has something to do with my problems?!?!?

I also was talking to 48 Rep via their online Help (from India I think!) yesterday, for about an hour.  His suggestion was that he would contact 48's network admin and get them to delete my card details.  So, I waiting anxiously for some progress.  Tonight, I've tried on my 3rd computer and I get the very same error...

I'm sure most here love the wireless products 48 provides, I know I do, but their administration is a shambles.  Stuff as basic as updating CC details should work out-of-the-box.  Anyway, thanks for you help, plus, it helps to vent.  

I'm confused. You marked one of my previous posts as the solution so does that mean that you managed to successfully update/register your card details after all?

Haha, if you're confused, how do you think I feel!  I must have accidentally clicked it when I was responding to your post, sorry! I looked, but couldn't see a means of resetting it.  So, no, I still have the same problem - ie. I cannot add a new CC, and my smartphone 48-sim is set to auto-renew in about 6 hours, while my home wireless SIM is set to auto-renew in 3 days.  I have also just realised that the 48 android app is buggy - my 2 48-sims are associated with 2 different email addresses, while (obviously) associated with the same forename & surname.  What I discovered is that no matter what email address I use to login to the app, it will only opens the DenisB6905 account for Community Help.  48 is fundamentally broken (imo).

I never found the app useful and also found it buggy. 

I just use the web interface to log into my My48 account.

I think that the only thing that can't be done there and needs to be done on the app is Flexi Data sharing but I never use that.

DenisB6905
Visitor

I was messing around on the 48 website, when I noticed that 48 have a 48 app for Android.  I was even more surprised that I had already downloaded & installed, but never used it!  Long story short, I tried & failed to update my CC details through that as well - see pic. Boo 😞

Screenshot_2024-09-11-00-50-54-685_ie.months.my48.jpg