cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to top up since change over

aysu
Newcomer

For the last 3 weeks I have been without credit. The site seems frozen when I try to top up. I've tried on 2 different devices. It v annoying now at this stage 

16 REPLIES 16

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
A lot of people have been facing the same problem with payments since the site was updated.
Some seem to have managed to use the gift shop to gift themselves credit.
Others have gotten around it by deleting and then re-registering their bank card details.
Otherwise you'll need to contact 48 support about this.
The chat facility is still online today and is usually the best/quickest way to get an answer.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

@dalyer wrote:
A lot of people have been facing the same problem with payments since the site was updated.
Some seem to have managed to use the gift shop to gift themselves credit.
Others have gotten around it by deleting and then re-registering their bank card details.
Otherwise you'll need to contact 48 support about this.
The chat facility is still online today and is usually the best/quickest way to get an answer.

Hope this helps.

SAME HERE!  3 WEEKS NOW TRYING T GET IT SORTED AND ITS ALWAYS THE SAME ROUTINE AND NO ATTEMPT TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE.

THIS WAS THE LAST EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM AN 'AGENT' WHO IS STILL ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS FROM 3 WEEKS AGO AND, THE BEST BIT, WAIT TIL IT COMES BACK.... WAITING FOR **bleep**ING GDOT AT THIS STAGE:

Pramila @ the 48 care crew, Jun 16, 2020, 2:46:51 PM GMT+1:

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your email,

As your bank card is not working, have you tried telling your bank about this issue? Have you tried using another browser? If still the issue persist, request you to wait till it comes back on for you. Could you confirm that you would like an add-on for mobile data

Regards

OF COURSE WHEN I REPLIED REQUESTING ADD-ON.... SILENCE.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did the help at all @aysu?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

@dalyer wrote:
Did the help at all @aysu?

SAME HERE!  3 WEEKS NOW TRYING T GET IT SORTED AND ITS ALWAYS THE SAME ROUTINE AND NO ATTEMPT TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE.

THIS WAS THE LAST EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM AN 'AGENT' WHO IS STILL ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS FROM 3 WEEKS AGO AND, THE BEST BIT, WAIT TIL IT COMES BACK.... WAITING FOR **bleep**ING GDOT AT THIS STAGE:

Hi Paul,

As your bank card is not working, have you tried telling your bank about this issue? Have you tried using another browser? If still the issue persist, request you to wait till it comes back on for you. Could you confirm that you would like an add-on for mobile data

Regards

stevebumster
Newcomer
I have the same problem. Cannot top up credit. : Problem with you card: spoke to tech. They say it a problem with my bank. Rubbish. Spoke to bank and I don’t have a problem. Anyone else have any ideas

I'm still having the same problem, and my membership didn't renew last night, so now I have no phone.  I've been on to so-called tech support 3 times, and they keep comming up with BS that it's my card.  I called the bank, they said there's no problem their end.

It's only a problem since this crap new site was put up.  It really is total rubbish, half the things on it don't work.

I've tried paying with two different cards on 4 different computers and browsers, all to no avail.

If it's not sorted by the end of the day I'm moving to another service provider.

I'm totally pissed off about this now.

That's a pain alright...

Did you try using the Gift Shop to gift yourself credit/membership to see if that works?

Or deleting your stored card details and either re-registering them or just entering them once off to pay?

It seems that these options worked for some people but it's a bit unclear...

Hope this helps.

Hi Paul,

Regards

@stevebumster wrote:
I have the same problem. Cannot top up credit. : Problem with you card: spoke to tech. They say it a problem with my bank. Rubbish. Spoke to bank and I don’t have a problem. Anyone else have any ideas

@stevebumster wrote:

So, after being amde to jump through hoops  for the best part of a month by agents and 'help desk'- update the browser, use the previous browser, contact your bank, submit a video of the process, stand on your head, etc etc etc - I learn that there was a block put on my card by 48, accusing me of 'fraud'.  I only learned about this, after cancelling my bank card, ordering a new bank card and having the new card also rejected.  The card was the same card I had used for years without a problem!  The problem all along - and we are talking nearly a month of trying to resolve the issue - was 48, after the update to their website and app - suddenly blocked my card and decided to falsely accuse me of 'fraud'.  SHAME ON YOU 48!