cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap data

JeanN5078
Visitor
I have the new 1000gb membership and am asking about the flexi data swap. Is there a limit on how many gb mins I can swap. I seem to have run into a max swap reached message when I try to do it. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Flexi data is explained here

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Flexi-Data/ta-p/53114

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

JeanN5078
Visitor
Hi thanks but I know it says you can swap data as long as you have the mins to do so. But it seems you cannot swap any more than 300 mins for 3g in a membership month. So very miss leading. Also how many mins do I have on my membership. Unlimited I thought but now I don't think that is true either.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You should contact 48 support and ask them to clarify the terms and conditions of the Flexi data "minutes for data" swapping feature.

All carriers' "unlimited" offers have some fair usage limit.
With 48 it seems to be 3000 call minutes:

https://48.ie/legal/terms-and-conditions#18

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

JeanN5078
Visitor
I was told today it was 1000 mins I had but only swapped 300 of them and have not used any more on calls so its all very misleading and they said the swap feature is limited to 3g so I just don't know anymore. They advertise that swapping can be done as many times as you want once you have the mins which I do but they won't let me now as I have already swapped 300 mins for 3gs so confusion reigns. Thanks.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Both the fair usage limit in the terms and conditions and the description of the swap call minutes for data in the links that I posted seem misleading alright. 48 really should correct/clarify these.

JeanN5078
Visitor
Hey thanks for reply. I spent some time today with chat support and it's defo 3gb max swap per membership and he said he would give my feedback about the misleading info to the powers that be. He also said fair usage is 10000 mins and 10000 sms but in terms it says 3000 and 5000 respectively and on support chat the other day it was a different story so I'm still in the dark about the usage. Hopefully they will get their act together and update these terms.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Yes, some of the info on the website seems to be incorrect and maybe relates to old/legacy plans.