Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Flexi Data

Started ‎21-04-2020 by
Modified Friday by

What’s flexi data? 

For the first time ever, you have full control of your data. Spend it, save it, share it, donate it - the choice is finally yours. We’re working on how you can twist it, pull it and bop it too. 

How do I find Flexi data in My48? 

You will find your Flexi data in your My48 account on 48.ie or when you login through your My48 app, it’s visible in your bottom navigation bar.  

SWAP

What’s the Swap feature on My48? 

Not much of a talker, then we have the option for you! With our swap feature you can swap your minutes for extra data, it’s that simple. 

You can swap your unwanted minutes for extra data.  
        100 minutes = 1GB  
        200mins = 2GB  
        300 minutes= 3GB 

• You can do this as many times as you want so long as you have the enough minutes available.  
  • When you swap your minutes for extra data, you must use the allowance within your current membership.  
  • Minutes can only be swapped when you’re on one of our new memberships. 

How do I Swap? 

The Swap feature can be accessed through the Flexi-Data menu on your My48 account or your My48 app. To Swaptap Swap, select the number of minutes you want to convert and then tap save. Your converted data will be added to your membership allowance.

SPOT ME

What’s Spot me feature on My48?  

Running low on Data? With Spot me you can borrow 1GB from your next membership 

• Your spotted 1GB is added to your allowance immediately. 
  • You’ll need to have an active membership to get a Spot Me.  
  •  It’s valid until the end of your current membership.   
  • 1GB is the maximum you can borrow during your active membership. 
  • On your next membership we’ll deduct your spotted 1GB from your new allowance.  
  • Spot Me can only be used when you’re on one of our new memberships. 
  •  

How do I get a Spot me?  

Spot Me is available in the Flexi-Data menu. Scroll down and you’ll see the Spot me feature.   

Feeling generous or just in need of some GB? Then look no further than the share feature on your My48 app. The Share feature gives you the freedom to share or receive data with friends when you're on one of our new memberships.

Download the app on apple devices here and android devices here

• To share your data, you need to use your My48 app. The share feature isn’t available through the My48 portal as we need access to your phone contacts so you can share and receive data.   
  • You need to have an active membership and an available allowance to share.  
  • You can share up to 3GB with friends, 1GB at a time per membership.  
  • On the flip side you can also receive 3GB from friends, 1GB at a time per membership.  
  • Any data your friends very generously share with you must be used with your current membership

How can I share data? 

To share data with a friend, visit the flexi-data menu in your My48 app, tap share, allow access to contacts and select the friend you want to share data with. 

Just a heads up: Contacts will only appear in your share list provided your friend has downloaded the My48 app and also allowed access to their contacts. 

Can I request data from a Friend? 

We love two-way communication, so yes you can request GB from a friend. Just visit the flexi-data menu in your app, tap share, and select the friend you want to request data from. They’ll receive a notification in their My48 app.  

THE SAFE

What’s The Safe feature on My48? 

The Safe allows you to save your unused data from your current membership so you can use it at a later date, think of a squirrel building its supply for a rainy day.  

• You can save a minimum 1GB to a maximum of 5GB to your Safe during an active membership. 
  • You can make one deposit to The Safe in an active membership.  
  • Your Safe can store a maximum of 50GB.  
  • Data saved to The Safe expires after 12 months from the date you first saved it to your Safe.  
  • You’ll need to be on an active 20GB or 40GB memberships to use The Safe feature 

If you reached 50GB, why not consider carrying over your data or donating it to our charity partner instead. Waste not, Want not!  

Where can I find the Safe?  

The safe can be accessed through the Flexi-Data menu or by swiping left on the main My48 dashboard.  

How do I add to The Safe? 

To add to your Safe, tap Safe, select the data amount you want to save and then tap save. You’ll see the contents of your safe grow. 

How do I unlock data from the Safe? 

To withdraw data from your Safe, you simply select “unlock”, then choose the data amount you want to retrieve and confirm, then sit back and watch your My48 data gauge increase!  

When you unlock data from the Safe, you must use it within your current membership. Data can only be unlocked from the Safe when you have an active membership

Just a heads Up – remember you can only save, carryover or donate your data once per membership.  

CARRYOVER

What’s the Carryover feature on My48? 

You can use your data in this membership or carry it into the next one. It’s like The Safe but instead of putting it away and taking it out immediately, it skips the safe and is added to your next month’s allowance for you to use straight away next month.

• You can carryover up to 5GB into your next active membership. 
  • You can make one carryover transaction in an active membership.  
  • Once your current membership expires, we can hold your carried over data for 48 hours. This gives you enough time to activate your next membership but if you go over the 48 hours, we can no longer retrieve the carryover and you’ll lose the data.  
  • Carried over data must be used within your next membership or it will expire 
  • You’ll need to be on our new memberships to use the Carryover feature. 

Where can I find the Carryover?  

The Carryover can be accessed through the Flexi-Data menu through My48 account or your My48 app.  

How do I add to The Carryover?  

To select the data you want to Carryover, tap Carryover, select the data amount you want to choose and then tapCarryover. This will be added to your next month’s membership. 

If you’ve stacked your membership or have auto renew set up, you won’t need to even think about the 48 hours, and it will be smooth sailing. For Manual memberships it will be relevant to you, but we’ve got you covered as you can check your membership renewal date onyour My48, so you’ll never miss out.

Just a heads Up – remember you can only save, carryover or donate your data once per membership.  

DONATE

Feeling generous, then the donate feature on your My48 account gives you the option to donate your unused data to a good cause. Donating to charity helps make a real difference and at the end of the day waste not, want not! 

We’re very excited to about the donate feature within your My48 and for us to partner with such an excellent cause such as Foodcloud 

• You can donate between 1GB and 5GB of your data each month.   
  • You can donate, save and carryover once per membership.  
  • For every GB you donate we’ll convert this into cash and donate €0.50c per GB.  
  • Every 6 months, we’ll exchange all your data donations into cash and donate it to Foodcloud on your behalf.  
  • You’ll need to be on our new memberships to use the Donate data feature.  

How do I Donate?  

The Donate Feature can be accessed through the Flexi-Data menu to select the data you want to Donate, tap Donate, select the data amount you want to choose and then tap save.  

How can I see my total donations?  

You can track your total donations within your My48 account.  

To see your total donations, view your My48 dashboard. Just tap on the Flexi-Data option than tap the donate tab. Scroll down to “total donation” and you can view your total donations.  

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Contributors
Article Dashboard