Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
84% helpful (20/24)
jess_48
Community Manager
Community Manager

What’s Flexi data? 

For the first time ever, you have full control of your data. Spend it, save it, share it, donate it, the choice is finally yours! (We’re working on how you can twist it, pull it, and bop it too.)

How do I find Flexi data in My48? 

You will find your Flexi data in your My48 account. Just log in to your My48 on 48.ie or login through your My48 app.  Your Flexi data menu will be visible at the bottom of your screen in the navigation bar.  

SWAP

What’s the Swap feature on My48? 

Not much of a talker? Well, we have the option for you! With our swap feature, you can swap your minutes for extra data, it’s that simple. 

You can swap your unwanted minutes for extra data: 
        100 minutes = 1GB  
        200mins = 2GB  
        300 minutes= 3GB 

• When you swap your minutes for extra data, you must use the allowance within your current plan.  
  • Minutes can only be swapped when you’re on one of our new plans. 
  • You can swap maximum of 300 minutes in your current plan. 

How do I Swap? 

The Swap feature can be accessed through the Flexi-Data menu on your My48 account or through your My48 app. To Swaptap "Swap," select the number of minutes you want to convert and then tap "Save." Your converted data will be added to your plan allowance.

SPOT ME

What’s Spot Me feature on My48?  

Running low on Data? With Spot Me, you can borrow 1GB from your next plan 

• Your spotted 1GB is added to your allowance immediately. 
  • You’ll need to have an active plan to get a Spot Me.  
  •  It’s valid until the end of your current plan.   
  • 1GB is the maximum you can borrow during your active plan. 
  • On your next plan we’ll deduct your spotted 1GB from your new allowance.  
  • Spot Me can only be used when you’re on one of our new plans. 

How do I get a Spot me?  

Spot Me is available in the Flexi-Data menu. Scroll down and you’ll see the Spot Me feature.   

Feeling generous or just in need of some GB? Then look no further than the Share feature on your My48 app. The Share feature gives you the freedom to share or receive data with friends when you're on one of our new plans.

Download the app on Apple devices, here, and Android devices, here.

• To share your data, you need to use your My48 app. The share feature isn’t available through the My48 portal as we need access to your phone contacts so you can share and receive data with them.   
  • You need to have an active plan and an available allowance to share.  
  • You can share up to 3GB with friends, 1GB at a time per plan.  
  • On the flip side, you can also receive 3GB from friends, 1GB at a time per plan.  
  • Any data your friends very generously share with you must be used with your current plan.

How can I share data? 

To share data with a friend, visit the flexi-data menu in your My48 app, tap Share. You will need to allow your My48 app access to your phones contacts, and then select the friend you want to share data with. 

Just a heads up: The contact you want to share data with will only appear in your share data list provided your friend has downloaded the My48 app and has also allowed the app access to their contacts. If your friend's name isnt appearing, then give them a nudge to do the above so you can get sharing. 

Can I request data from a friend? 

We love two-way communication, so yes, you can request GB from a friend. Just visit the flexi-data menu in your app, tap Share, and select the friend you want to request data from. They’ll receive a notification in their My48 app.  

THE SAFE

What’s The Safe feature on My48? 

The Safe allows you to save your unused data from your current plans so you can use it at a later date. Think of a squirrel stashing away its supplies for a rainy day.  

• You can save a minimum of 1GB to a maximum of 5GB to your Safe during an active plan. 
  • You can make one deposit to The Safe in an active plan.  
  • Your Safe can store a maximum of 50GB.  
  • Data saved to The Safe expires after 12 months from the date you first saved it to your Safe.  
  • You’ll need have an active plans to use The Safe feature.

If you reached 50GB, why not consider carrying over your data, or donating it to our charity partner instead? Waste not, want not!  

Where can I find The Safe?  

The Safe can be accessed through the Flexi-Data menu, or by swiping left on the main My48 dashboard.  

How do I add to The Safe? 

To add to your Safe, tap Safe, select the data amount you want to save, and then tap Save. You’ll see the contents of your safe grow. 

How do I unlock data from the Safe? 

To retrieve data from your Safe, you simply select “unlock”, then choose the data amount you want to retrieve, confirm, and then sit back and watch your My48 data gauge increase!  

When you unlock data from the Safe, you must use it within your current plan. Data can only be unlocked from the Safe when you have an active plan.

Just a heads up: Remember you can only save, carry over, or donate your data once per plan 

CARRYOVER

What’s the Carryover feature on My48? 

You can use your data in this plan or carry it over into the next one. It’s like The Safe but instead of putting it away and taking it out immediately, it skips the safe and is added to your next monthly allowance for you to use straight away next month.

• You can carry over up to 5GB into your next active plan. 
  • You can make one carryover transaction in an active plan.  
  • Once your current plan expires, we can hold your carried over data for 48 hours. This gives you enough time to activate your next plan but if you go over the 48 hours, we can no longer retrieve the carryover and you’ll lose the data.  
  • Carried over data must be used within your next plan or it will expire.
  • You’ll need to be on our new plans to use the carryover feature. 

Where can I find the Carryover?  

The Carryover can be accessed through the Flexi-Data menu through My48 account or through your My48 app.  

How do I add to The Carryover?  

To select the data you want to Carryover, tap Carryover, select the data amount you want to choose and then tap Carryover. This will be added to your next monthly plan

If you’ve stacked your plan or have auto renew set up, you won’t need to even think about the 48 hours, and it will be smooth sailing. For Manual plans, this will be relevant to you, but we’ve got you covered as you can check your plan renewal date onyour My48, so you’ll never miss out.

Just a heads up: Remember you can only save, carryover, or donate your data once per plan 

DONATE

Feeling generous? The donate feature on your My48 account gives you the option to donate your unused data to a good cause. Donating to charity helps make a real difference and at the end of the day, waste not, want not! 

We’re very excited to about the donate feature within your My48 and for us to partner with such an excellent cause such as Foodcloud and Spunout. 

• You can donate between 1GB and 5GB of your data every month.   
  • You can donate, save and carryover once per plan.  
  • For every GB you donate, we’ll convert this into cash and donate €0.20c per GB.  
  • Every 6 months, we’ll exchange all your data donations into cash and donate it to Foodcloud on your behalf.  
  • You’ll need to be on our new plans to use the Donate data feature.  

How do I Donate?  

The Donate Feature can be accessed through the Flexi-Data menu to select the data you want to Donate, tap Donate, select the data amount you want to donate, and then tap Save.  

How can I see my total donations?  

You can track your total donations within your My48 account.  

To see your total donations, view your My48 dashboard. Just tap on the Flexi-Data option, then tap the donate tab. Scroll down to “total donation” and you can view your total donations.  

Just a heads up: Remember you can only save, carryover, or donate your data once per plan 

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Version history
Last update:
‎13-11-2023 04:47 PM
Updated by: