cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy note 9 unable to call using sim

MaryW1927
Visitor
Hi I have recently in the past few days changed phones and put my 48 sim into a new boxed factory unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 9 so no worries about it being locked. I get great signal and no problem with downloading it uploading data, however I cannot make calls, it tells me that I cannot call this number when I call a landline number...I haven't tried it yet on a mobile number ... It says all calls, I have purchased €10 Euro credit plus €7.99 membership, can anyone guide me... I also had problems making calls initially from my old phone when I first started using it... eventually it did permit me to make calls.
Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What sort of landline number is it?
E.g. What prefix/area code?
Can you receive calls?
Can you try calling other landline and mobile numbers?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

MaryW1927
Visitor
Thank you for your reply Dayler The Legend!
I contacted 48. The issue was resolved towards the end of my chat with their rep. They are not sure why this happened, however, it is good to have the calls working and the matter resolved.
The Rep was great and extremely helpful. She addressed the issue without beating round the Bush or appearing to read answers from a script like is so often the case when one contacts a phone provider with an issue.
I'm glad I chose to move to 48😁

Glad you got it sorted @MaryW1927 .

Strange that it happened at all though.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

MaryW1927
Visitor
Yes, it is, they felt it was a technical glitch which just eventually sorted itself out... it may be the actual sim card itself that is a little temperamental, cos Irealize that this is not a common problem with 48 users, however, I had the same problem when I first put this self same sim card into my old phone and after a few days it also permitted me to make calls on that phone too, however, it took a few days before I could call anyone...I think you were the person who replied to my first plea for help when I first received the sim and added it to my old phone... you advised me to contact customer care, however before I had the opportunity to do so the phone began to function for calls, incoming and outgoing... this time though I again asked here, I remembered your advice and called tech support ... they were awesome to speak with and didn't send me on a wild goose chase as many of the other sim card providers do when an issue crops up. Thank you for your help way back then and for your help now 😁