cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving verification codes

LukaszK4660
Newcomer

Hi all,

I've noticed today that I'm not receiving verification codes, specifically from Revenue and HubSpot. I've tried on few other phones, including the very old Symbian-based Nokia without success.

No issues with SMS send from other phones.

Are there any technical issues in 48.ie servers?

27 REPLIES 27

bad news all- just been told it could take 3-5 working days to resolve. unacceptable

Weird. 

I get these ones ok:

I don't get these

• MyWelfare
  • Irish Life Pension Planet
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hey Dalyer,

Do you also get normal texts from friends and stuff. Because if you changed you sim or phone recently it maybe the Sim Swap issue that 48 advised Syed in this thread.

Sending an recieveing SMS's seem to be down for me.  Maybe a problem with the Three/48 tower in my local area.

Also another thing that springs to mind, if you have adblockers like UBlock origin active on some site it can block the Java code that initiate the text push. I suggest try disabling anything like that for sites that arent working.

I am getting texts from contacts ok.

I run an ad blocker but that did not stop me getting texts from sites including the ones that are not getting through now.

I tried MyWelfare again with and without the ad blocker running and in both cases I never received the login text.

I haven't changed phone or SIM recently.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

The exact same is happening to me, not receiving verification code from anything, really frustrating

Same thing happening to me as well, all day Friday and Saturday

Hi Syed, which network was that? considering porting my number too but not sure who to

SyedH7857
Newcomer
I contacted them on Facebook. But they don't seem to understand the issue. See response Below
Hey XXX, To reassure you 48 do not block any incoming messages from networks or providers. For security reasons, Banking services have strict measures to ensure your account is protected and the company or bank whose verification code you are not getting may have observed that a change has recently taken place on your number such as moving networks, a SIM replacement or even a new phone. I’d recommend making contact with your bank/ company to let them know you aren’t receiving your verification messages and this has happened since you’ve recently moved networks. Once they are aware of the change they can help in resolving this for you. Thanks,

received the same messge verbatim

Hey Conor,

Was it 48 that confirmed it would take 3+ days to fix the issue?

As Syeds post seems to suggest 48 are saying it might be his bank. Which is 100% not my problem as I cant text my other personal number, on Vodafone.

I will say if your bank have SIM Swap protection in place, changing your mobile carrier may trigger Fraud alerts on their system and potentially block auth OTPs. Its a good thing to have to protect your bank account, not all banks implement this unfortunatley.