cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't text into radio competition

christinehan
Newcomer
My rext fails when i try to send in for a radio competition?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You're probably trying to text a Premium SMS 5XXXX number.

Unfortunately 48 don't support the sending of texts to such numbers at all.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You're probably trying to text a Premium SMS 5XXXX number.

Unfortunately 48 don't support the sending of texts to such numbers at all.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @christinehan?

christinehan
Newcomer
Yes thank you. Can you up grade so that you can text premium numbers?

Unfortunately not.

48 simply don't support the sending of texts to Premium SMS/5XXXX numbers at all.

There is no way to text these numbers on the 48 network.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @christinehan?

That's ridiculous what's the point having a phone that doesn't enter competitions I think I need t

As far as I know the only premium SMS number that can be texted (for free) is 50048 to which you can send "APN" to in order to receive APN internet/MMS configuration settings back by text if your phone supports that.

christinehan
Newcomer
Thanks again for your help.

Glad it helped.