cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inactive account

GerOB5390
Newcomer

How long after a membership  expiry does an account become inactive.

My membership expired 25 days ago and I just got an email saying my account will be inactive after 90 days.

Is that a total of 90 days from expiry or 90 days from now.

I did think that the time allowed ws 180 days.

10 REPLIES 10

Robeyn_Team48

Hi Ger,

On 48 we deem your account inactive 90 days after your last membership has expired, but you'll technically still have access to your account for another 90 days after that. 180 days is the regulatory cut off when the account is closed (your phone number is cut off and any credit on your account is cleared). 

I hope this helps.

Robeyn ~ 48 Team

Hi @Robeyn_Team48 

That's not what the terms and conditions say.

https://48.ie/legal/terms-and-conditions#7

According to this an account is only finally "deleted" after 13 months.

"7.3 Where the 48 Services are suspended because you have chosen not to purchase top up credit or make a chargeable use in respect of your Account for a period of 6 months, we will remove any credit on your Account after a further 2 months and credit will not be recoverable. Your service will then remain suspended for a further 5 months and can be reconnected at any time during this period. When the suspension period ends your service will be disconnected, this agreement will end and your number will be immediately lost."

Please clarify which is correct.

Thanks

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi Dalyer

Thank you for your input.

If 48 have changed their terms without informing customers  , there will be at least one customer with 3 accounts less.

Hi there,

My brother in law has special needs and this account has gone inactive unknown to us his family. He needs his phone to be contactable now and I was wondering can we please have the account and same number re-activated so we can add his membership again. 

Thank you. 

You/he will have to contact 48 support about this.

See the link in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

AbdullahA3864
Visitor
Hi. Sorry to type my message here as I couldn’t find how to set up new comment. Question is. Can I move my number to another network and keep my account on 48.ie for later use? Thanks

@AbdullahA3864 wrote:
Hi. Sorry to type my message here as I couldn’t find how to set up new comment. Question is. Can I move my number to another network and keep my account on 48.ie for later use? Thanks

I don't think so. When you move your number to another provider your account will be deleted and far as I know. However you could get a new SIM and activate it under a new account if you want to have a 48 account/number while also being with another provider.

AbdullahA3864
Visitor
One more thing I love using my 48 network . But honestly yesterday I was waiting an interview phone call. And they email me after one hour waiting saying that when they tried to call me it says on the phone this number is not recognise, I live in the town with full signal. I have a friend told me before he keeps try to call with no ring or answer just silence. And I got no notification showing that someone tried calling me. So I decide to move my network after that.

MaeK7316
Newcomer

My 48 tells me "Sorry you are not allowed to purchase memberships, since you have a Inactive SIM"

I want to top up/continue my membership but I can't find a w ay.

Any advice welcome?