activation code issue

Newcomer
‎07-09-2022 09:19 AM

HI

I have moved to an old Iphone while my new phone is replaced and I get an activation error as below

"SIM not supported - the sim card you currently have installed in this iphone is from a service provider that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server"

The SIM card worked fine on my old phone?

Thanks

Kevin

0 Likes

Re: activation code issue

The Legend
‎07-09-2022 09:34 AM

Assuming that the iPhone is unlocked for use on any network, you'll probably have to put some cash credit on your account in order to pay for the UK SMS that the iPhone and FaceTime and iMessage activation processes needs to send in the background to allow a SIM from a non Apple approved carrier to work. Ridiculous palaver but that's the way that Apple do it unfortunately.

So try putting €1 cash credit on your account and then switch the phone off and on again and wait a little while and hopefully it will get activated.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Re: activation code issue

The Legend
‎07-09-2022 09:36 AM

This might also be relevant...

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/iMessage-amp-Facetime-Set-Up/ta-p/53702

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community