cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to top up, payment not working

jennifermcm
Visitor

I'm trying to buy 1 GB of data, cos I've run out.  I'm using my saved card details, which are all correct.  There's money in my bank account. 

I enter the correct CCV, but it says that there is a problem with my payment.

25 REPLIES 25

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Several people have had payment problems since the site was updated recently.
You'll probably need to contact 48 support about this.
Or maybe try using the Gift Shop link and try gifting yourself credit.
I think that that has worked for some people even though it doesn't really make sense to me...
Or maybe try deleting your card details and re-registering them?

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

No, still have the same problem, and now my membership has run out so I have no phone at all. 

So-called tech support was useless, they said it's a problem with the card, but the bank said everything is fine their end.

If it's not sorted by the end of the day, I'm moving to Eir mobile

I have been going through the same problem since the end of May - found the 48 agents very polite but  totally unhelpful.  The problem persists even after I ordered a new bank card (on the advice of a 48 agent) and it didnt work.  these problems only arose after the launch of the new website/app.   I have lodged formal complaints only to get the same inane questions over and over again about my browser, my bank,my card, my cache, history etc etc...

BUT STILL NO RESOLUTION!

A month on and I still can't top-up or buy add-ons, and can't renew my membership.

I've only stayed with 48 for the month because they gave me a free month's membership.

Is anyone else having problems with card payments?

Here's what I've tried:

- usng the gift shop

- 5 different browsers

- 4 different computers

- clearing cookies

- 2 different credit cards

- contacting my bank

- 4 sessions with online chat

I'll stay with 48 if this problem can be solved, but I've only only got 8 days left on my membership, so after that I'll hae to move.

I went to my bank and was told I need 48s account number 

For what?

There's no separate account number with 48.

Your phone number is your effective account number.

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

None of your suggestions helped and I have been hearing the same suggestions since the end of May when this issue first arose.  eventually, ordered a new card from the bank and even that didnt work - THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH 48!! 

I am trying to top up my 48 , but it keeps saying error. I pay €7.99 per month and It i renew on the 14th of each month