cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to move number

AdiMcG0985
Newcomer

About to explode with frustration here!  Trying to set up 2 SIMs.

So trying to move number and it keeps saying its sent us a code but no code is received at all.  Have done it multiple times. I am afraid to do the second one now as I don't want to muck up my existing account. 

Also site is taking like 15 minutes of 48 swirling on screen each time you try to log in or do anything??

What am I doing wrong.  I stupidly paid with credit card and now can't get any web support and no where to email or phone!!!

Truly regretting this and 90 minutes at it so far!

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@AdiMcG0985 wrote:

About to explode with frustration here!  Trying to set up 2 SIMs.

So trying to move number and it keeps saying its sent us a code but no code is received at all.  Have done it multiple times. I am afraid to do the second one now as I don't want to muck up my existing account. 

In case of any confusion you do know that the porting security text will be sent to the number that you want to port which means that you need to have the old carrier's SIM in the phone and working in order to receive it? Not the 48 SIM/number.

@AdiMcG0985 wrote:

Also site is taking like 15 minutes of 48 swirling on screen each time you try to log in or do anything??

Do you mean the app? The app has been on the blink for a few days but the website is fine for me anyway.

@AdiMcG0985 wrote:

What am I doing wrong.  I stupidly paid with credit card and now can't get any web support and no where to email or phone!!!

See here for details of how to contact 48 support:

https://48.ie/help 

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.