cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim network unlock

LiamF6752
Visitor

When I turned on the phone and entered PIN1 it then looked for  SIM network unlock PIN but I can't find a pin for this. I've tried it in two different unlocked phones and I keep getting the same message. Anyone got any idea what may be happening? It's the first time I've tried using my 48 SIM.

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You need your PUK.
See here

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/I-forgot-my-PIN-or-need-my-PUK/ta-p/256

You can disable SIM PIN locking on your phone if you don't want to have to enter it every time you reboot.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

The problem is not the sim pin, it's after using my pin to unlock my phone the screen that appears is looking for a "SIM network unlock PIN" this is not the same as my sim card pin. Any ideas where I could find this second pin?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
That message normally means that the phone is locked to another network and needs to be unlocked to be used on 48 or any other network.
But if you are getting that message in unlocked phones too then I don't know what's going on.
You might need to contact 48 support.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks, I'll try 48 support tomorrow.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
But if it's a phone locking issue then they're not going to be able to do anything about it as it's up to users to get their own phones unlocked for use on 48/other networks.
48 can't unlock other carriers' phones.

Hope this helps.