cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting started with 48

EwelinaG9095
Newcomer

Hi I activated my SIM card yesterday, and I putted I need keep my old number but still nothing. Can you advise please

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What do you mean "still nothing"?

Does the phone have a connection to the 48 network?

If not then if you do a manual search for networks can you see and connect to 48?

Is the phone unlocked for use on any network?

Is anything working? Calls, texts, mobile data? 

What number is displayed in your My48 account?

If you want to port your number from another provider to 48 then you need to follow the instructions here:

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

sukhpreetk0077
Newcomer
Hi i orfered a new48 sim few days ago ad i already have one 48 sim working but i want a new number cause i have 2 phones so when i try to activate it i put it in my phone and it says login detais i put in my logon details and something happened to my old sim it is not working it appears emergency calls no service and new sim card seems working with internet but no calls text messages or aything i need my old sim to work i dont know what to do i didt know wht happeed i search everything on my app andcouldnt get any hep please help sort me this out

Your post is a bit difficult to understand.

Maybe you can explain more clearly the exact sequence of events and what is working or not working?

If you got a second SIM for use in a second phone then you need a second separate account, login (email address and password), membership plan etc. to deal with it.

You can't have two SIMs associated with a single account/login.

I don't understand what this means:

so when i try to activate it i put it in my phone and it says login detais i put in my logon details and something happened to my old sim it is not working it appears emergency calls no service

I've never seen a phone with a 48 SIM installed ask for login details so I presume that your description here is not totally accurate?

Sounds to me like you may have activated the new SIM as a replacement SIM on your existing account and your old SIM no longer works?

I don't know why the new SIM would be working for mobile data but not calls/texts.

You might need to contact 48 support about this.

See the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.