cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting for 5 Days

JamesC6091
Visitor

I am switching over from Three to 48

My number began porting Wednesday 23 September and is still porting.

I contacted 48 by webchat a few times and was told to wait - did this - still porting.

I contact 48 by webchat again and told to check with Three which I did and Three said there is no problem on their end.

How long does it normally take to move number?

I tried to contact 48 by Twitter but their Twitter account isnt set up.

48 webchat dont  seem to be able to offer any solutions.

27 REPLIES 27

I'm also waiting for my old number to port to 48.  There's a problem but I can't access the details page to re-enter the relevant data - the website is atrocious.  Where is the WebChat function?  I've gone to the help page and found "Web Chat - we can offer suppor during the following times..." but there's no link to WebChat.  Very frustrating!

I'm having the same problem. No web chat avaiable and Twitter support is hopeless. 

Im having the same problem. Contacted them by fb messenger but as of yet my message hasnt been opened. I sent it this morning

The web chat option sometimes appears on the righthand side of the page ...a little Webchat box appears and click on that. You're right though..the website user experience is terrible.

@JamesC6091 wrote:
The web chat option sometimes appears on the righthand side of the page ...a little Webchat box appears and click on that. You're right though..the website user experience is terrible.

James, on the righthand side of what page?

The Web chat seems to pop up randomly on any page. Sometimes its there, sometimes not!

@JamesC6091 wrote:

The Web chat seems to pop up randomly on any page. Sometimes its there, sometimes not!

Yes - unfortunately it seems very hit and miss lately.

And more miss than hit as far as I can see. Man Mad

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Well I have been attempting to port my old telephone number from Three to 48 since Wednesday 23 September.

I was told it was porting for about a week.

Then told it wasnt working.

Then told to contact Three to ask if there was a problem. I did and was told by Three there is no problem.

Then recieved a new telephone number from 48 and I purchased membership.

Attempted to portin my old number again but it still wont.

Have been on to 48 webchat litterally every day and keep being told different things.

Today I was told again to contact Three.  Strange as 48 and Three are part of the same company but dont seem to talk to each other.

The whole experiece has been so bad its actually funny at this stage.

Of cousre its not funny that Im at risk of losing my number which I use for work and have had for years.

Time to get ComReg involved now as someone pointed out in another thread.

i cannot port my number as it is with a vodafone family plan.

please assist me.

i have 2 numbers to port over.

joe

You'll need to contact support.

See here:

https://community.48.ie/t5/Memberships/customer-care-number/m-p/53861

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.