cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined 48 but can't make calls

FrankL7999
Newcomer

Hi all. I just received my new SIM this morning having decided to move from 3. I activated the card, bought the 12.99 plan & received notification from 3 that I was no longer active with them.

However, I cannot make any outgoing calls. Any references on this site mention plans expiring. Means nothing to me ! Have to say not a great start....

Any help, much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think that they say "up to 7 days" but should respond sooner?

If it's urgent and you have access to another phone then maybe call the number that's also linked below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What happens when you try to make a call to an Irish landline or mobile number?

Any error message?

Can you receive calls? 

Can you send/receive texts and use mobile data? 

A membership plan provides your access to services for a month after which it expires and you need to buy a new one.

This is explained here:

What does your My48 account Dashboard say about your current membership status, allowance balances and expiry date?

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for the reply @dalyer 

When I try to make a call, it says "my monthly membership has run out, thank you" I thought this might be a 3 thing, but they say no, it's definitely a 48 mobile issue. I can receive calls.

I can send/receive texts too.

I put my card details yesterday too, and the total confirmed was 24.98. It is not pending payment when I look at banking app.

If I use up my free 1gb of data, will that kick-start anything ?

> When I try to make a call, it says "my monthly membership has run out, thank you" I

You mean a call to a regular Irish landline or mobile number? 

You haven't clarified what your My48 account Dashboard says about your membership plan status, allowance balances and expiry date. 

But if you do have a valid membership plan active and are getting that message when trying to make calls to regular Irish landline/mobile numbers then you'll need to contact 48 support for further assistance and to get this rectified. 

See the links in my signature below.

Using up the free 1GB of mobile data isn't going to make any difference here. 

Calls should be working and if they're not you'll need 48 support to investigate and fix the problem.

The recorded message comes up whenever I try to ring any number.

Regarding the dashboard, all I'm getting is 

One moment please. We’re retrieving your account data.
If you’re still seeing this after 15 minutes, please visit our support page here"

This has been the case since yesterday.
I sent an email to the address you quoted on previous queries, and it looks like I'll have to wait 7 days !!

I think that they say "up to 7 days" but should respond sooner?

If it's urgent and you have access to another phone then maybe call the number that's also linked below.