cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing member- account not transferring to new sim

marathongal
Newcomer

Hi,

I have received my new sim in the post-I'm simply trying to change from my existing sim to a nano sim for my new phone. I've followed the relevant steps and after I enter the activation code I get this message:

"You're already a 48er so you've activated your SIM. Need to change your SIM or got a question about something? Check out our FAQs"

The site says 10 minutes but it's been nearly an hour and still no joy- I've cleared cookies on my browser etc- any ideas?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Are you sure that you're activating a replacement SIM and not a new SIM?
You'll probably have to contact 48 support about this in the morning.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any update @marathongal?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

marathongal
Newcomer
@dalyer

Where is the dinstinction made on the site between replacement and new sim? I've followed the instructions as per here:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Need-to-swap-your-SIM/td-p/15707

Yeah I'll have to contact support probably

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If you request a sim when logged out you'll get a new SIM.
If you request a sim when logged in you'll get a replacement SIM.

The post that you linked to is quite old so I'm not sure if it's still up to date.

Your best bet is to contact 48 support as I suggested.
I'm surprised that you haven't done this already to be honest.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @marathongal?