Did you mean: 

Change phone number

PatrickC5565
Newcomer

8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Your post was blank @PatrickC5565 - did you mean to post a question?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I just recieved my sim but cant seem to activate it. I would like to keep my old number but it waans to send a code to my old sim its already cancelled . Can anyone help 

How do i keep my number when i cant recieve the code by txt as my old sim is cancelled

See here

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Getting-Started-Move-Your-Number/ta-p/53100

If you can't receive the security code by text to the number that you want to move then you'll have to contact your old service provider:

"If your old network SIM has no service or you cant receive the security code SMS then you'll need to make contact with your old provider as they'll have visibility of your old account. 

We’ll also need to know the type of account you had with your old network. If you submit the incorrect account type details then your old network will reject our request until the correct information is provided. See account types exlained below and if your still unsure just ask your old provider and they'll let you know what your account type is."

You may also need to contact 48 support and ask them how to proceed.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I am new to 48 mobile.  I became a member, applied for a sim and paid the charges.  For the last 3 days I have tried unsuccesfully to change. over to my number.   I have had assistance from several tech savvy people but to no avail

I am following all the online instructions but I am findings the process very frustrating.  I find the website very user unfriendly.  Luckily I am still with GoMo so I have connectivity.

48nmobile needs to put a customer contact number in place to allow customers speak with a real person during normal working hours.

frustrated new customer

What happens when you try to port your number?

What goes wrong?

Any error messages?

Did you follow this guide, including any relevant troubleshooting tips?

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Getting-Started-Move-Your-Number/ta-p/53100

There's a contact number for complaints on this page.

I think that some people have used it to contact support.

https://48.ie/legal/code-of-practice

I followed all of the steps correctly but still my number has not ported over.

Do you have to contact your current provider to advise them that you are changing to 48 mobile?

@MARYD4023 wrote:

I followed all of the steps correctly but still my number has not ported over.

Do you have to contact your current provider to advise them that you are changing to 48 mobile?

You shouldn't have to as far as I know and we far as I have experienced.