cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls/texts from 3

HeatherM1111
Newcomer
Since porting from eir to 48 over 2 weeks ago I can't receive calls or texts from 3 customers. They get a message that number not recognised. I can call them. Been on to support numerous times and getting nowhere. Either told they will raise with technical team but I never hear back or that not their problem and to contact 3 myself - I have never been a 3 customer & don't think I should have to get someone who is, to sort the problem. Seems to be a routing issue. I have now raised this to the level of a complaint but any other suggestions or similar situations? Thanks for reading.
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Somebody else reported a similar problem here recently and the problem was at the other carrier's end and not with 48. In that case it was Open eir. Might be worth checking with 3 in your case in case the problem is at their end?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Other-Help/cant-receive-incoming-calls-for-one-number/m-p/56408#M19420

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Many thanks for the response. Yes, I raised it with 3 (via my daughter who is a 3 customer) a couple of days ago, so we'll see if that gets me anywhere. I know 48 is a no frills network but I find it a bit ridiculous that I (with little technical knowledge and never having had any relationship with 3) am left in the position of trying to sort routing issues between networks myself. What does the technical team at 48 do if they don't manage such issues? Surely as a new customer I should be able to get support when the porting doesn't work as it should? 

If it comes to it and is of any use then there is a complaints process outlined in the code of practice:

https://48.ie/legal/code-of-practice

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

This was fixed yesterday afternoon - I am not sure how or by whom. Realised when I received a number of old text messages.

For reference for anyone else with the same issue - it took 16 days. Day 1 -13 a number of contacts via webchat/email to 48 - varying responses including 1) the technical team would look into it & escalate it with Three & 2) it was not a problem on their side & I should raise it with Three myself. Several timeframes given for resolution passed with no contact from 48. Day 13 - raised as a complaint with 48 (it took several times of asking to get a complaint number); I also logged the issue on day 13 with 3 via a 3 customer.  Day 16 am - I posted the problem on this forum. Day 16 pm - fixed. Happy that it's sorted but not a great start. 

Same situation here, but tbh I am not gona bother. As soon as membership is up off to go...

I'm having this exact issue only it's from all numbers. Have only just ported over to 48 choosing to keep my old number. I can make calls & send texts but can't receive anything. Says my number is not recognised. Tried a factory reset on my phone but big mistake as I'm now locked out of my Samsung account & can't get the verification text to get back in. Its so frustrating! But all I got told was to do a phone reset, select the 48 network manually from the selection of networks or else try the sim in a different phone. Nothing works.

Don't Samsung have a way of getting back into your account if you cannot receive verification texts?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00085942

Did 48 support tell you to reset your phone? If so then that's strange advice since the problem that you describe is almost certainly a 48 network/routing issue (which, for some reason, crops up again and again for some users) and nothing to do with your phone.

Maybe, once you sort out access to your phone/Samsung account you could get onto 48 support again and ask them to look at the routing info for your number at their end?

Hope this helps.