cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate sum

Orlad1039
Newcomer
Trying to activate new sim. My son sim is in a kids smart watch and won’t accept a text from 48 to help assist with set up. How can I move firmware
3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

SIM activation doesn't require any SMS.

Are you talking about some other sort of activation?

And what do you mean by "move firmware"?

You'll need to explain in more detail what exactly you're trying to do, the precise steps that you're taking, and what goes wrong, including any error messages if applicable.

This link explains how to activate a 48 SIM:

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Orlad1039
Newcomer
I have gone through the registration process for a number we wish to keep but need to activate the new sim. It has said there will be a text sent to the number we have. My son uses a child smartwatch so he can’t receive any messages from people who aren’t validated on his watch. We need to see how the new sim can be activated. Can I speak to someone on the phone

As I said, SIM activation doesn't involve any SMS text messages being sent.

Do you mean that you've activated the SIM as per the link the I posted previously but now you're trying to port a number from another provider to 48 as explained here?

If you can't do this with the SIM installed in the watch then can't you install it temporarily in a phone handset in order to do this and then move it to the watch?

To be honest, I'm still a bit confused as to what exactly you're trying to do, what exact steps you're taking, and what exactly is going wrong.

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.