cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN on TP-Link 4G router not working

GarrettO4594
Newcomer

I’m trying to set up my home router so that I can VPN to it from my IPhone to access smart-home devices & hubs. My router is a tp-link 4G router with 48 SIM and built-in VPN (openVpn) + Dynamic DNS (no-ip) which I have set up.

However, it looks like the 4G network isn’t routing packets (tcp/ip) to the address ? Is this normal & is there anything I can do about it?

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did you configure your router's APN with the 48 settings so that normal access works ok?

Obviously that needs to be done first and before trying to configure anything else such as a VPN.

Once you gave a working 48 mobile data connection you'll have to refer to you router's documentation on how to set up the VPN.

E.g.

I doubt that you're going to get any detailed help on that from the Community Forum or from 48 support.

But if you do need to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

yes, everything has been working as expected, and the DDNS is operating, & VPN set up & openVNC installed on my phone - it looks like somethi g in the Three/4G network isn’t allowing the traffic to go to my router.

Maybe there is some limitation in this context on 48.

Perhaps other forums (e.g. boards.ie) discuss the issue?

You could ask 48 support if they're aware of anything that would prevent you setting this up on 48?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.