cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Umi touch

Anon
Not applicable
Hi just got an umi touch can you help me get mobile internet please?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Follow the instructions here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

Anon
Not applicable
Thank you so much that did it .it shows up that I am tesco mobile but it works so I'm not to concerned about that .
Great work .

Where does it say Tesco Mobile?

Can you post a screenshot?

I guess if data access is definitely working then that's the main thing.

Anon
Not applicable
Hi also the data roaming needs to stay on in order to get internet .will that cost more ?
The issue with the sim is when I go into settings and then sim it says that its tesco mobile not 48 also no icon appears on screen to say my network.

Data roaming must be on for most phones (those without a "National data roaming" option) because 48 is a "virtual" network operating on the Three network.

So many phones think they're roaming on a different network (i.e. the physical one). This is not a problem though and will definitely not incur any additional charges.

Once you have paid for your data and it works you cannot incur any more data costs.

If you get a roaming "R" on your signal bars then just ignore it. Man Happy

With regard to the misidentification of the network by the phone it's a small annoyance but ultimately if everything (incoming/outgoing calls and texts and data access) is working then you can just ignore this.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
This community is so helpful .thank you so much for all your help. So I shouldnt worry about the sim card issue then ?

Anon
Not applicable
Sorry just saw the end of your last comment .great thank you .

Yeah - if everything is working then don't worry about it saying Tesco Mobile or about the data roaming "R" or data roaming being enabled. You can't incur any more costs than you have paid out in membership/addons when it comes to data.

Hope this helps.