cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working

fahadS5655
Newcomer
Hi everyone, for the past 3 months my roaming is not working in poland but up until the past 3 months roaming was working fine. I've checked my apn setting and everything is find and yes my roaming is on. I've tried contact support but your better off consulting with Brussels sprouts because they have no idea on how to do anything as everyone I've asked between 3 months keep saying there "technical team" is working on it -whatever that means. So if you guys have any solution to this issue please let me know.
11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Unfortunately many people seem to be having problems with roaming lately and many never get it working at all.

There are many recent threads on this issue.

Some have suggestions that may have worked for some people but many people never got it working.

Unfortunately 48 don't seem to have explained what the problem is or how to fix it.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

ColmL8166
Newcomer
Not good enough, I'm in Poland right now and myself and my wife are without data. Tried manually configuring APN setting, as per the guide but nothing works. Had to do this last summer in Spain, but that time it was fine after configuring the 48months.liffeytelecom.com APN.

I'll be leaving 48 as soon as I get back home.

Anything useful here?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Memberships/Why-can-t-I-roam-in-the-uk/m-p/57603#M4578

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

After much troubleshooting, I finally managed to get data working in Poland, and decided to try and document the settings that worked for me in the hope that it may save someone else some stress.

First turn off auto network selection  and manually select Orange.

Then set the Network Mode to 3G/2G (auto connect)

Now create a new APN with just 2 settings,

Name: 48 Months

APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com 

Leave all other settings as they are. I have found that as soon  as you set MCC to 272 and MNC to 11 as recommended in the troubleshooting guide this will result in the APN settings not  being saved, and your 'saved' entry will just not appear in the list.

These are the main settings, you may have to toggle Aeroplane mode on/off, and I'm not sure if it is also necessary  to go to 48 Sim Menu > When Abroad > Network Selection  > Manual > International  Roaming Profile

I honestly have no idea why things are so difficult when roaming woth 48, a family member is with me on GoMo and everything just worked.... the way it should be. 

It really should not be necessary to manually create APN settings every time I go to a new country.

The standard suggestion about the MCC while abroad is obviously nonsense. 

MCC is a country code; if you set it to 272 (Ireland) while you are abroad the APN won't be saved/won't work.

The only setting which SHOULD (it doesn't for me at the moment) is the 

APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com

Add that/Save. End of.

Yes the solution to downgrade manually Voice & Data to 3G will fix the problem. But it doesn't work for me in my new iphone 13 pro, there is no more downgrade to 3G in the settings just, 5G/5G Auto/4G. I know this is a technical issue, but I have no Idea how to setup my new phone with worked roamin during my trips outside Ireland.

If it was me I would try putting it in an old phone.  Even a cheap unlocked PAYG 2G phone from a supermarket.

SharonOS2626
Newcomer
Never had any issues with roaming with any previous provider. They all just worked no settings needed changing but this with 48 is not a good service for roaming. Did everything asked and still no data.

MarcoC8503
Newcomer
This worked perfectly for me. If your phone doesn't give you a 2G/3G option, use WCDMA/GSM and that worked for me. You only get 3G but at least you are connected to the net and your WhatsApp can work 💪