cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network signal in Northern Ireland

KevinK5794
Visitor

Good afternoon guys,

With cross-border travel now allowed, I made my first trip up to visit family in Northern Ireland.

Despite having roaming enabled, I had no network signal at all in the North so my phone was essentially useless.

Does the 48 network not allow roaming in UK/NI or is there an extra charge for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Yes that could be an issue if you set it to only connect to 48.
You should set that to auto.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

37 REPLIES 37

WanA2431
Newcomer
Having the same problem. Followed the instructions in the forum. Still no luck. Second time in Northern Ireland and both without mobile use. Looks like roaming is not the forte of 48 mobile.

I had the same problem Saturday while in Northern Ireland.  The only thing, is that I live along the border so would be in and out of the North regularly and my phone has worked everytime beforehand so all my APN settings are correct.  I also have one of my kids phones on 48 and they too had no signal and couldn't register on the network.  I would assume there has been a change in something or other that we're not aware of. 

I have the same problem David. Hopefully this can be resolved but im starting to look for another provider where this isn't an issue. 

ChristineM6410
Newcomer
I am currently having the same difficulties. Navigated to my sim toolkit and nothing in their similar to what is listed in their troubleshooting. No useful help from 48 either. Really annoyed that they cannot provide useful help with this issue. Appreciate any constructive feedback if anyone has figured out how to resolve this issue.

PatrickD1156
Newcomer
Problem seems to be getting worse. I live on the border and work in the north and network has dropped several times in the last few months. Usually only happens for a few hours or a day. Unfortunately it seems to have dropped for more than a week now with all networks listed as 'forbiden' when you try to select network manually. 48 please sort this out or advise what I can do.

@PatrickD1156 wrote:
 48 please sort this out or advise what I can do.

48 support don't generally read/respond to posts here so if you want advice from them then you'll have to contact them yourself. Unfortunately these roaming problems have been affecting many people for several months now and there has been no explanation of why or if/when they'll be fixed... 

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

PatrickJO1998
Visitor
Same here everything configured correctly mo phone or data terrie 48 service

@PatrickJO1998 wrote:
Same here everything configured correctly mo phone or data terrie 48 service

Your post seems a bit garbled.

Maybe you can clarify?

RayD5392
Newcomer
Had similar experience, no service at all, checked settings

Anything of any help here?

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/The-Roaming-Troubleshooting-Guide/ta-p/52179