cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data

fionnathaner
Visitor
Switched from the Don to 40GB subscription, and added 1GB data to tide me over until renewal. No internet. Checked APN settings, & found some fields empty. Refilled MMSC, MMS proxy, MMS port, & fixed APN type - still no connection. Any help?
Thanks, Jonathan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Can you try

Authentication Type: None/Not set

That's the only difference between your settings and mine which work fine.

Also make sure that Mobile data is enabled.

If it still doesn't work then try enabling Roaming also.

When making and saving any changes toggle airplane mode on and off to ensure that they take effect.

Post back if it still doesn't work.

BTW - what make and model of phone? 

And I presume that calls and texts are working OK?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Are you sure that your internet/APN settings are correct and tidy data is enabled?
Post your settings here for review maybe?

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @fionnathaner ?

fionnathaner
Visitor
Thanks Dalyer. Specs:
APN : 48months.liffeytelecom.com
Proxy, Port, Username, Password, Server : not set
MMSC : http://mmc1/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy : 10.1.11.19
MMS Port : 8080
MCC : 272
MNC : 11
Authentication Type : PAP
APN Type : default,supl,mms
APN Protocol : IPv4
APN Roaming Type : IPv4
Ebable/disable APN : APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile Virtual Network Operator Type : None
Mobile Virtual Network Operator Network : not set

Can you try

Authentication Type: None/Not set

That's the only difference between your settings and mine which work fine.

Also make sure that Mobile data is enabled.

If it still doesn't work then try enabling Roaming also.

When making and saving any changes toggle airplane mode on and off to ensure that they take effect.

Post back if it still doesn't work.

BTW - what make and model of phone? 

And I presume that calls and texts are working OK?

Hope this helps.

fionnathaner
Visitor
Brilliant. Thanks.

Did changing the Authentication Type to None/Not Set work?

fionnathaner
Visitor
Not sure if it was that, or toggling airplane mode on/off, or somebody at 48 throwing a switch, or magic fairy dust, but, whatever it was, I'm happy (for now). Cheers

I don't know why, when I changed my subscription type (or when I bought a 1GB add-on) my APN lost a bunch of info (like MMSC & MMS Proxy, which were blank when I first discovered the problem) but I don't expect you to be able to tell me.)

OK - glad you got it sorted one way or another.

In the past I have seen settings fail because Authentication Type was not "None" and working when this was changed so maybe that was it.

Anyway - enjoy! Man Happy

I have been contacting 48 staff since the end of May with the issue of not being able to top up and am put through the same routine over and over and over again with no solution offered!   4 weeks trying, I even ordered a new card from my bank and it still is not working - THE PROBLEM IS AT TOUR END - SORT IT OUT!!!!