No data available when roaming

[ Edited ]
Newcomer
‎15-03-2021 09:17 AM

I followed all the instructions as set out in the troubleshoot guide at: https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/The-Roaming-Troubleshooting-Guide/ta-p/52179

But the problem persists - when I try to save down the 48 details they just don't show up. Also if I delete all existing APN's and enter 48 details a message shows up that "Access Point Name settings are not available for the user". When resetting the default four different APN appear all by the name of "Proximus". I also tried to change the setting of one of those and amend it with the 48 details, but again no luck.

For your information I am currently in Germany and I am desparate to get this sorted. Just to say that regular phone is working fine.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Re: No data available when roaming

The Legend
‎15-03-2021 09:36 AM
What make and model of phone are you using?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎15-03-2021 10:34 AM

Hi - I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite

0 Likes

The Legend
‎15-03-2021 01:23 PM
Anything useful on the Samsung Galaxy support site(s)?

If you connect to a wifi network and reboot does it then let you configure the APN settings?

I don't have any other ideas unfortunately.
You might need to contact 48 support.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎18-03-2021 01:33 PM

Hi All,

Eventually I got some help - after being on the chat with 48 staff for over an hour and playing through the options, I eventually was sent a configuration SMS to reset the phone/SIM. That then enabled connetion to data, but only very poorly. I then changed for LTE/4G Setting to 3G and it works a dream ever since. I'm assuming that this is problem with the "Three" network 48 is using, as I had similar problems before when being on Three contract. Just to note that I encountered my problems in Germany, Holland and Belgium. 

Thanks for all replies.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎18-03-2021 07:28 PM
48 don't use any specific networks for roaming.
You can connect to any in most or all cases.

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community