cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data available when roaming

MarcusH9284
Newcomer

I followed all the instructions as set out in the troubleshoot guide at: https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/The-Roaming-Troubleshooting-Guide/ta-p/52179

But the problem persists - when I try to save down the 48 details they just don't show up. Also if I delete all existing APN's and enter 48 details a message shows up that "Access Point Name settings are not available for the user". When resetting the default four different APN appear all by the name of "Proximus". I also tried to change the setting of one of those and amend it with the 48 details, but again no luck.

For your information I am currently in Germany and I am desparate to get this sorted. Just to say that regular phone is working fine.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What make and model of phone are you using?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi - I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Anything useful on the Samsung Galaxy support site(s)?

If you connect to a wifi network and reboot does it then let you configure the APN settings?

I don't have any other ideas unfortunately.
You might need to contact 48 support.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi All,

Eventually I got some help - after being on the chat with 48 staff for over an hour and playing through the options, I eventually was sent a configuration SMS to reset the phone/SIM. That then enabled connetion to data, but only very poorly. I then changed for LTE/4G Setting to 3G and it works a dream ever since. I'm assuming that this is problem with the "Three" network 48 is using, as I had similar problems before when being on Three contract. Just to note that I encountered my problems in Germany, Holland and Belgium. 

Thanks for all replies.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
48 don't use any specific networks for roaming.
You can connect to any in most or all cases.