No Mobile Data in Dublin 7

AndrewF2751
Newcomer

3G or 4G Mobile data , Internet not working the last 2 hours in Dublin 7

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
For what it's worth I'm in Stoneybatter and it's working fine right now.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

JosephF8440
Newcomer
None in D12 either.

You should both probably contact 48 support.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

IevgenP3373
Newcomer

No Mobile Data in Dublin 22, the same problem

AlanD4651
Newcomer
No mobile data in Dublin 15. Clearly an issue with several users. Can 48 please confirm when this issue will be resolved.

As I mentioned in another thread 48 support generally do not read or reply to posts in the community forum.

Anybody affected by this issue (curiously I'm not and am in D7/D1) should really contact 48 support themselves.

See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

AlanD4651
Newcomer
I Got support and they have fixed the issue.
I have an android phone and they got me to do the following.
Go into connections / mobile networks / access point names. This was listed as Tesco mobile internet.

They got me to delete this APN and add a new one with the following 2 settings.
(1) Name - 48 internet
(2) APN - 48 months.liffeytelecom.com

Once I saved this I made sure mobile data was turned on and turned wifi off. Mobile data came back on.

Hope this helps others with same issue.
Alan

That seems to have worked.

Service has been atrocious last 2 days. Our wifi broke and thought I would be grand with my new provider.  Calls dropping and texts not sending.  Having no internet just topped off the whole experience. In D7 too. Hopefully this fix will improve the whole service.  

If you ever have problems with internet/data (especially if calls/texts continue to work) then a good first step is to delete any configure internet settings/APNs and reconfigure from scratch to see if that sorts things out:

https://community.48.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493/highlig...

Hope this helps.