cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet after renewing membership

JimD4009
Newcomer

So I have renewed my membership as usual. I can see from my account that I have data in the newly renewed period but my wifi dongle is getting no internet. It picked up the network as normal but I am getting no internet connection. The last time this happened I had no internet for 5 days and suddenly it resolved itself.

The problem seems to happen when I renew. I am based in Kilkenny city. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Are you sure that the new membership has started, thus giving you access to the new membership data allowance?

Or does the current membership still have time left before it expires and the new membership starts?

Is the APN still configured correctly?

What if you reboot the dongle?

Can you try the dongle's SIM in an unlocked phone to see if you get data there (after configuring the APN and enabling roaming data)?

Does the dongle web admin interface give any logs that might give some clues as to what's happening?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

lots of good tips there and I've done as many as I can. You see I'm asking on behalf of my parents (and I'm not near them). I suggested the SIM in another phone but they are reluctant to do it in case they break the case on the phone..I'm at a loss to be honest I'm sure I'd have the problem resolved in 5 minutes if I was there.

About the APN settings, how would that have even changed?

The APN shouldn't unilaterally change but it's just another thing to double check.

I understand that it's difficult to diagnose the issue when the equipment isn't to hand. 

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

For what it's worth, I'm using a 48 SIM in a 4G router and the new membership started at midnight with no problems with data connectivity.