cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 5G on Google Pixel 9 Pro XL

ViacheslavV7689
Newcomer

If someone looking for that information, to yes Pixel 9 still has the same issue as others - No 5G.

I've upgraded from Pixel 5, that had the same issue - no 5G.

Contacted a while ago customers service, they told that engineers are working on that ... So seems to me still working.

Logged ticket to 48.ie, contacted Google as well (Pixel has an option in menu to do so).

If everybody who has Pixels here will do the same, might be it will help to push this through...

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Some background in case anybody isn't already aware of the issue:

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

ViacheslavV7689
Newcomer

Received a new replacement SIM card now. And did a new set of tests.

Pixel 9 Pro XL - still no 5G.

Pixel 4 - NO 5G (that's expected :))

Pixel 5 - NO 5G;

Pixel 8 Pro - NO 5G;

And finally - Pixel 7 Pro on Android 15 beta NO 5G as well.

So do not expect that a new shiny Android 15 will bring to all compatible Pixels 5G on 48.ie

I'm pretty sure that the SIM card is irrelevant and the problem is and remains that Google don't whitelist the Liffey Telecom/48 PLMN (MCC/MNC) for 5G access in their Pixel firmware. This is covered in the other threads linked from the search results that I posted earlier.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Tanks, I saw it as an option for that issue and give it a try.

ViacheslavV7689
Newcomer

For information purpose.

Another mobile operator had previously an issue on Pixels + 5G and got it resolved, more information is here:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058179390/google-pixel-5-and-eir-5g

Some technical details (could be possible to make it work with root):

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118766675/#Comment_118766675