cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data/calls/texts no longer working after porting number

Hey how's it going?
I activated my 48 mobile chip and waited for my number to be transferred. After that, I no longer had access to 4G or 3G and I can't make calls or receive SMS. Could you help me resolve this problem? I thank

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Do you mean that before you ported your number over all services were working ok?

Incoming/outgoing calls and texts and mobile data?

But once your number ported over then all services stopped working? 

Do you still have a connection to the 48 network - i.e..signal bars?

Is the correct phone number listed on your My48 account Profile page? 

Do you have an active membership plan listed on your My48 account Dashboard?

Are your APN settings configured correctly?

Text "APN" to 50048 and follow the instructions to ensure that they are: 

You may need to contact 48 support in order to get them to look into those and rectify any problem. 

See the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hey how's it going?
The services are working, I have a 48 mobile signal, I just don't have credit, sorry. The problem is actually that my app is stuck as if I were bringing my number to 48, while in reality my number is already correct to 48, because I can receive calls and SMS.
Could you help me with the app so that I can access it and subsequently purchase the monthly plan.
Thankss

This is confusing. Originally you said that the problem was that you couldn't make calls, receive texts or use mobile data. 

Now it seems to be some other problem?

I don't understand what you mean my "I don't have credit" and "my app is stuck"?

Please clarify what exactly you mean.

You need an active membership plan with non-zero allowance balances in order to use services. 

So if services are working for you then you DO have credit in the form of an active membership plan.

What does your My48 account Dashboard - accessed via the website rather than the app - say about your current membership status, allowance balances and expiry date? 

The My48 app has been flakey lately and I generally don't use it at all because of this. 

I just use the web front end to my My48 account for stuff like managing my account, buying stuff etc.

The only thing that you can't do via the website and can only do via the app is sharing Flexi Data with your contacts.

If you need to contact 48 support about any of this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.