cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More EU roaming data

bozicb
Newcomer
Hi,

Is there a way to get more EU roaming data other than buying a GB for 3 Euro?

Eg. would a swap, spot me or share work for EU roaming?

Thanks,
Bojan.
8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
That's a very good question and having looked for an answer on the site I can't find one. You may have to contact 48 support to ask them if/how you can top-up your EU roaming data allowance once you have used the initial membership allocation. If you get an answer then please post it here for the benefit of others. Thanks.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Were 48 support able to help at all @bozicb?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I've asked 48 support about this and will post back when I get a reply.

I asked 48 support about this and the answer is that once you have used up your monthly membership EU roaming data allowance (7GB/9GB for the €9.99-20GB/€14.99-40GB memberships respectively) then you cannot get more until a new membership starts and you get a new EU roaming data allowance.

I guess that if it's an emergency you could contact 48 support and ask if they can activate a new membership "early" - i.e. before your current membership runs its full monthly course and expires normally.

Hope this helps.

Thanks dalyer. What also works in an emergency is to buy an addon of 1GB for 3 EUR. It won't get you far, but at least you'd have some data on the road.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Are you absolutely sure that that works?
Because 48 support told me that once you use up your EU roaming data you can't buy more for that month...

It works, just tried it the other day in Austria.

@bozicb wrote:

It works, just tried it the other day in Austria.

Thanks @bozicb - that's interesting and not what 48 support told me unfortunately!

So I take it that you had used up your 7/9GB of EU roaming data, maybe had some "non roaming" data left but until you bought the data add-on you had no data access while EU roaming?

Useful to know that the add-on gives you EU roaming access again if you've used up your normal EU roaming data allowance.

Thanks for that - it might help others in the same situation.