cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maritime data/roaming on cruise to Norway?

karonamarona
Newcomer

Hi all,

I am cruising my way to Norway very soon and I was wondering will my roaming still work or will I be charged such a thing as maritime data?

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Karen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What is maritime data? 

If the vessel has WiFi then you can presumably use that but they may charge for it onboard.

Otherwise the usual roaming services will apply whenever you are within range of the relevant countries' mobile networks.

If/when you're out of range of land based mobile networks then 48 roaming services are obviously not going to work.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What is maritime data? 

If the vessel has WiFi then you can presumably use that but they may charge for it onboard.

Otherwise the usual roaming services will apply whenever you are within range of the relevant countries' mobile networks.

If/when you're out of range of land based mobile networks then 48 roaming services are obviously not going to work.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.